General facts about Symbion kitchen
- The kitchen is rented on a daily basis, at a price of DKK 1,500 / day
- Rented the kitchen a full week (including Saturday and Sunday) the price is 6,000 kr.
- The room can be booked as soon as you are registered as a user. You are automatically registered if you already have a connection to Symbion (office space, membership etc.) or Copenhagen AgriFood
- When you have a user profile, the kitchen can be booked at mit.symbion.dk
- The user of the kitchen carries out thorough kitchen cleaning after use, so the next user also gets a good experience. If the cleaning performed is not in accordance with good kitchen hygiene, there will be a cleaning fee of DKK 750 excluding VAT.
- A booking gives access to the kitchen from 7 AM – 8 PM
- The key is collected and subsequently handed over to the Symbion service center. The service center is also available if technical problems arise between 7 AM and 4 PM.
This is what you get / have access to in the kitchen:
The test and production kitchen is divided into two zones. Preparation zone and cooking & packing zone.
- Large steel sink / steel table top
- Work tables (approx. 5 meters)
- 3 mobile work desks
- Oven (ordinary oven, not industrial oven)
- 90 cm. electric stove with hotplates in cast iron
- 2 pcs. 60 cm wide (ordinary household) refrigerators
- Pots and pans
- Bowls, buckets, etc.
- Scales and measuring spoons
- Cutting boards
- Vacuum machine
- Meat slicer
- Waste bin and bags
This is what you must bring yourself:
- Cloths & tea towels
- Detergents (basic products such as dishwashing detergent and hand soap are provided)
- Films, bags, aluminium foil, baking paper etc.
- Spices, oil, salt, pepper, etc.
- Your personal knife set
You are responsible for the following:
1: Cleaning of kitchen, equipment and fixtures after use.
- Food control about cleaning
- See movie about cleaning: https://player.vimeo.com/video/129123004
- The Danish Veterinary and Food Administration’s hygiene instructions
2: Obtain all necessary permits
- The Danish Veterinary and Food Administration with more info
- Link to floor plan of kitchen
Cleaning of Symbion Kitchen
- Empty the sink and its grate for old food scraps. Then clean the wash / wash table with universal cleaner.
- Solid as well as mobile kitchen tables are wiped with a damp microfibre cloth with a little universal cleaner.
- Stove is wiped with a damp microfibre cloth with a little universal cleaner.
- Wipe off cupboard shelves with universal cleaner.
- Wash and dry the kitchen service, machines, bowls, pots, pans etc. and return them to the marked place.
- Wipe off all handles in the kitchen (for example, refrigerator, kitchen doors, dishwasher and washbasin) with a dampened microfibre cloth with a little universal cleaner to remove the bacteria we spread with our hands.
- Wipe walls and surfaces for grease, splashes, etc. sprayed during cooking.
- Clean the hotplate for grease with a damp cleaning cloth with detergent, as this is grease-dissolving. For stuck food residues, either an abrasive sponge that is used wet or a glass scraper can also be used in a humidified area.
- The refrigerator can become a true bacterial bomb if it is not continuously cleaned. Therefore, completely clean the refrigerator for all food and wipe all surfaces with a disinfectant.
- Oven is wiped with a damp microfibre cloth with detergent. Burnt food scraps are scraped away or scrubbed away with cleaning sponge and scouring agent.
- Floors are then swept and washed. The wash water must contain a universal cleaner to remove bacteria.